I need to add my 2 sons

Also, if I can specify a percentage to each son, that will be better

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
You can only use a PayPal Business account to add users to your account, create multiple logins and access levels, and assign specific privileges so your employees can complete tasks for you. This PayPal feature lets you give PayPal account access to up to 200 employees, each with a unique login ID and level of authority. If you have a Business account, here's how you can add users to your PayPal account: Click the Settings icon next to "Log out." Click Account access under "Account & Security" on the left of the page. Click Update in the "Manage Users" section. Click Add User. Provide the user's information, check each account privilege you're giving this user and click Save
Login to Me Too

RobertChou
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like I cannot add beneficiaries in PayPal. I just have an individual account.

Say I die, if one of my sons brings my living trust and my will to ask for money, what will happen?

I have 2 sons. When the 1st son contact PayPal, can he get 50% of my money? can he get more than that?

How do I prevent the 1st son to take out all my money and leave no money for my second son?

Login to Me Too

sealley
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have a business account and would like to increase my digital currency holdings. But I worry that without beneficiaries it will be hard for them to claim the assets.  That holds me back from buying more.

Login to Me Too

LACHAD
New Community Member

Robert, I have the same questions, with no viable solution.  It seems Paypal is doing their best not be regulated as a "bank", and therefore they are not set up like checking, savings, and investment accounts.

The solution that was offered to me was to provide my username and password to my wife (which sounds like a massive security no no to me).  Additionally, the Crypto that is allegedly "held" by Paypal may or may not actually be held at Paypal and may be at some 3rd party clearing house...I couldn't get a clear answer on this.

We also have a trust, so I may look at retitling this and my other crypto accounts into the Trust's name and amending the trust to include them, but we shall see.

Not allowing beneficiaries to be names seems like a massive miss on the part of Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Roccotherocker
New Community Member

Im with crypto.com too. they tell me " just have your wife show proof of identiy and Proof of death vis death cert. " Uhhhh ??? really ? Not buyimg that. I will be looking for a broker that will honor beneficaries IN WRITING ! My lawyer says you cant trust the above.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.