How can I login without providing a mobile phone number when there is no other option?

anonmarymous

I do not text because of vision impairments. I used to be able to bypass the prompt to put in a mobile phone to receive a code by text. Now no other option is available. I can't even login to get to and change settings. I absolutely will not agree to receive any security or other important information by text because of my vision issues. This is discrimination against the disabled. How do I get into my account now? I tried calling during their posted business hours on a Saturday and was told they were closed because it outside business hours but it wasn't.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anonmarymous 

You need to have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account to continue using it.
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.
There are loads of apps for visually impaired folks to help with reading texts so you don't miss out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.