Help, my PayPal username is wrong

smudgetherealmc
Contributor
Contributor

How do I change just my PayPal username, not my actual name and not my Community username?

Long story but the username is just wrong and the only instructions I've found so far seem to relate to changing my name on the account. It hasn't always been wrong and I guess must have been changed by PayPay themselves when I raised a problem with them 18 months ago

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Iris

Hello @smudgetherealmc,

Welcome to PayPal Community! Typically, usernames are not used with our platform. If you have submitted a username instead of your legal name, please submit a name change request to have the accurate name reflected on your account. If you need assistance with this, please visit: How do I change the name on my PayPal account?

I hope this helps!

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

smudgetherealmc
Contributor
Contributor

Short answer - no!

I have stepped through the change name process, uploaded files that show my name and address (which have not changed) but there was nowhere I could see where I could amend the allocated username. 

I did not set/change the username on my account, it is just wrong and either there is another way for me to change it or someone within the PayPal organisation will need to do it for me.

Where do I go now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.