Having to go through two factor authentication every time I log in

Sparklies
Contributor
Contributor

I have two factor authentication set up on my account (business account) and in the past I only occasionally was asked to input the verification code that PP sent to me via text, presumably that was good enough to verify my machine for a while. As of about two weeks ago it's started asking me every single time I log in. Since I can be logging into my account several times a day this has rapidly become extremely irritating, more so because my office is in a basement with no wifi signal, so I have to physically move out of my office to a location in my home where I can get a signal to receive the text.

This evening I had to go through two rounds of the game 'I'm not a Robot' and then still do the verification code on top of that. It's beyond a joke.

Is this a permanent change or is this something that is only happening to a few people, or just me? If it's not something that PP has changed then does anyone know how I can get it to change back again. I don't want to switch off the authentication altogether, just stop it from asking me. Every. Single. Time!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gralfe89
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have a solution meanwhile? Because I have the same observation and it's very annoying. Especially on the phone with FaceID enabled.

Login to Me Too

kaido11
Contributor
Contributor

It's the same here. I logged into Paypal to send money to my bank and for this transaction, Paypal sent me 3 sms codes and also 7 times the robot picture puzzle. It's really crazy...

I understand that the initial login to the account is confirmed with an SMS code, but the current situation is absurd.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.