Friend's Account Closed Without Their Knowledge or Consent

ljmac
Contributor
Contributor

I am contacting you on behalf of a friend I sent a payment to one month ago (transaction ID 20560098JS698650T), who has been unable to access their account since receiving the payment - as they are in in the Philippines, they don't have a local support number, and they have already run out of phone credit trying to contact your phone support. Also, I am unable to find an appropriate category to report this problem to you directly from my account.

According to your system, they have closed their account, but I can absolutely assure you that this is not the case, as they need to access their account to withdraw the money I sent them. This appears to be technical glitch in your system, as their account should be under my friend's name, but now when they try to log in, it is listed under her husband's name! The account has apparently never actually been under her husband's name, so I hope this can provide some kind of clue as to whatever bizarre technical glitch is causing their account to appear both to be closed and under the wrong person's name.

For obvious reasons, I don't want to provide private details of their account in a public forum, but I hope a PayPal support representative can contact me and tell me how they can contact you directly via email to resolve this issue (I understand that you can't provide me with personal information regarding their account either). If for whatever reason it isn't possible to retrieve their account, then I hope my transaction can be refunded (they will be able to provide you with records of the bank account attached to their account to show that they haven't withdrawn the money I sent them).

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ljmac 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ljmac
Contributor
Contributor

As I explained in my message, there are no appropriate categories to contact support under my account, and they have run out of phone credit trying to contact US phone support. We need a way to simply email support directly without having to go through the standard system - how can we do this?

Login to Me Too

Linziness
Contributor
Contributor
I also had the same issue and there was no local number in PH that we can call. Your team on chat support on Facebook doesn’t even help us nor reply on a timely manner. This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linziness 

Who are you addressing your remarks to?

As far as i can see no paypal employee has responded to this thread??? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Linziness
Contributor
Contributor
No. Paypal customer service sucks as well.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Linziness 

Well I could give you more information on how to contact c.s. in your country but as you are so rude, hope won't bother. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Linziness
Contributor
Contributor
No worries, snowflake. Keep it to yourself. My issue is resolved. But paypall customer service still sucks, including you. You’re craving for too much attention. Sad
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.