Enter your code page input looses focus

Alantos
New Community Member

Hi

From few weeks I can see a problem with PayPal 'Enter your code' page (page after password where you put your second factor, i.e. from Authenticator mobile app). Whenever I type first number in, input looses focus and you have to click it again to continue typing. Does anyone experience the same thing? Asking because I am a bit concerned from a security point of view. I tested that on Chrome and Edge (both latest) and in Incognito mode with all extensions disabled.

Alantos_1-1640441141410.png

Alantos_0-1640440985847.png

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

hotfire42
Contributor
Contributor

The issue has been fixed! ❤️ to the devs

Login to Me Too

Xcame
Contributor
Contributor

Can confirm. It's fixed.

Unfortunately the input doesn't have focus on page load but a tab puts focus on it, that's fine for me,

Login to Me Too

nobswolf
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, finally 😃

While you are at it: Having the focus in the input field right from the start would be a nice idea.

Login to Me Too

DerIngenieur
Contributor
Contributor

Confirmed!

Kudos to the devs! 

Login to Me Too

HKN089
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

unfortunately i still have this problem. The last two posts made me hope...but nope!

I have the problem on a Windows 11 laptop with Chrome and Edge. I tried to delete cache files etc but no difference.

I am loosing focus twice: When I type the first digit i am loosing focus and have to click into the field.

Then after typing the other 5 digits I am loosing focus again and can't press ENTER to send the data, instead I have to mouse click on Send.

The problem is not happening on my Windows 10 PC at work, so I am not sure if it is just PayPal's problem alone.

Any further suggestions how i can fix this annoying problem?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

danny243
Contributor
Contributor

That's right, it has been working for the past few days. Meanwhile, the problem is back. Damn.

Login to Me Too

hotfire42
Contributor
Contributor

Aaand it's back :'(

Login to Me Too

Internetman

Yep, me too. Really annoyed I missed the brief window when it worked.

All browsers and platforms, including PayPal app.

Login to Me Too

Tomblarom
Contributor
Contributor

Permanent Workaround:

Disable 2FA and use SMS-Authentication. Less annoying. Less safety (which is PayPals fault, if you're forced to use this workaround).

Login to Me Too

Pixopax
Contributor
Contributor

For me it is still working, I hope that will stay as it is..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.