Enter your code page input looses focus

Alantos
New Community Member

Hi

From few weeks I can see a problem with PayPal 'Enter your code' page (page after password where you put your second factor, i.e. from Authenticator mobile app). Whenever I type first number in, input looses focus and you have to click it again to continue typing. Does anyone experience the same thing? Asking because I am a bit concerned from a security point of view. I tested that on Chrome and Edge (both latest) and in Incognito mode with all extensions disabled.

Alantos_1-1640441141410.png

Alantos_0-1640440985847.png

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

NoisyFlake
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, has been like this for at least 1-2 months. Glad to see that I'm no longer the only one with this problem, but it's a bit concerning that it only seems to affect a handful of people.

Behavior was noticed on all devices/browsers, (Chrome and Firefox on Windows, Safari on macOS and Safari on iOS).

No idea what could cause this or why this isn't more common.

Login to Me Too

Pixopax
Contributor
Contributor

But it doesn't seem to bother anyone at Paypal... 

Login to Me Too

Mihaeru

Same here with different browser on different OS. Even on Android the same problem occurs when logging in by browser. Pretty annoying and still not fixed.

Login to Me Too

texec
New Community Member

This is a really annoying issue! Previously it was possible to input without looking, now you always have to check this fields has focus.

Login to Me Too

Neal1111

Yes it is very annoying - for a while I thought my graphics tablet was playing up but it consistently happens (Safari) and only when trying to enter the 6digit TFA code in Paypal. Been like it for a good few weeks now. Sometimes it really doesn't want to regain focus and sometimes I type one character and it ignores the rest of the code and I have to click on the window several times to be able to continue. What a basic simple thing to have **bleep** up! 

Login to Me Too

Tomblarom
Contributor
Contributor

Same happening to me! - I'm so **bleep** off by this!

@PAYPAL??? Maybe fix???

Login to Me Too

MichaelHorn

I´m having the same issue in different devices, operating systems and in different browsers.

Really annoying and should be fixed asap...

The first time felt like some program was trying to get the code.

Login to Me Too

MarekJ47
Contributor
Contributor

The same annoying thing happens to me.

1) When the window with the 2-factor authentication step appears, the security code field does not have focus. I think it should have.

2) When I type the first letter, the field loses focus. This is really annoying.

Login to Me Too

Xcame
Contributor
Contributor

Just hung up on a 30min call to explain the problem to the call center agent and... 

...after resetting my 2FA twice and...

...after telling me I have to contact Google, because it's their Authenticator App and...

...after the third calm and friendly explanation, that there is no problem with the authentication itself...

...they opened a ticket for the technical department. 

So there is a chance, that it might reach the right people.

Login to Me Too

willsdffdsfdsd
New Community Member

Started doing the same for me. Thought it's some malware but no.. just crappy coding

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.