Enter your code page input looses focus

Alantos
New Community Member

Hi

From few weeks I can see a problem with PayPal 'Enter your code' page (page after password where you put your second factor, i.e. from Authenticator mobile app). Whenever I type first number in, input looses focus and you have to click it again to continue typing. Does anyone experience the same thing? Asking because I am a bit concerned from a security point of view. I tested that on Chrome and Edge (both latest) and in Incognito mode with all extensions disabled.

Alantos_1-1640441141410.png

Alantos_0-1640440985847.png

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

nEuDy
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to open also a thread about this issue, because I'm facing exactly the same behavior.

This is happening for me, for about 1-3 weeks now.

It's very annoying, after you try to input your 2FA security code very fast, but when entering the very first digit, the input-field loose the focus instantly. Then you have to click back into the input field and have to continue entering your security code.

I would also appreciate, if Paypal will fix this with one of the next updates.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Login to Me Too

some_login_name
New Community Member

+1 I've seen this too and been wondering about it - a little disturbing for a security code box to be behaving in this way, I thought I had a keylogger on my machine.

Login to Me Too

fkryszon
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same annoying "feature"

additionally, after entering the complete code it loses focus again, and does not accept ENTER to confirm

-- this is pretty annoying!!!

Login to Me Too

aurachtaler
Contributor
Contributor

exactly same here:

after first digit the focus is lost and I need to click into the field again.

After the last digit, again focus is lost and I cannot simply press enter to submit the entry, but have to click again to submit.

For me its Safari but seems to affect all browsers.

Login to Me Too

DerIngenieur
Contributor
Contributor

It does. I'm on Chrome on a MacBook, Chrome on a Windows PC, my wife uses Firefox on an iPad. The same everywhere. F***ing annoying

Login to Me Too

nobswolf
Contributor
Contributor

same here on Linux with Firefox

VERY annoying 😡

First I thought it might an addon and then I found this thread.

I hope this will get fixed soon ...

Login to Me Too

Pixopax
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, on all PCs with Chrome. 

Man, I used hours to check our systems if there is any keylogger... I was short before reinstalling all systems to be sure.

Login to Me Too

zZz9Rndc

Same for me. All browsers. Firefox, Brave, Chrome, Chromium. On Linux and Mac OS. Extremely annoying and makes users decrease their security settings.

Login to Me Too

KMMel
New Community Member
My wife just recognized this with her account. Because of the fact that this is so annoying, people WILL disable this feature and than it is in fact less secure ! Paypal please remove this loosing focus crab before to many users disable the second pass!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.