Delete old addresses

msusanblades
New Community Member
The help instructions for deleting old addresses do not work. Can anyone tell me how to delete old addresses?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @msusanblades,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand that you would like to delete old addresses that are on your PayPal account. You must add a new address to your PayPal account before deleting an old one in order to continue. Please refer to this help-center article, to learn more on how to add, change or remove an address of your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps you!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

RoSoz
Contributor
Contributor

This is the equal to requesting the secret nuclear codes at PayPal. I have an OBSCENE amount of addresses listed during PayPal checkouts and there is no way to delete old/stale addresses that are no longer relevant.

Clearly no one at PayPal gives a flying leap to fix this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @RoSoz,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry for the experience you have had while trying to remove the addresses, and I understand it is unacceptable. I can definitely see how frustrating this could be. We would like to support you to the best of our capabilities. From the reading, the addresses you're referring to were likely added during checkout on a merchant's site which might not appear on the profile. This would mean that the addresses displayed and saved are gift addresses or used the address at checkout without adding it to your PayPal account. In this case, please contact Customer Service and let them know that you would like to remove some gift addresses. They will ask you for the specific addresses that needs to be removed so it is better to keep the addresses handy in a notepad.

I hope this information helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.