Delete SSN from Account Settings

QualCraft
New Community Member

I created an account using an EIN AND my SSN. I realized after the fact that entering my SSN overrides the EIN. I need to delete my ssn from that account and use just the EIN. How do I do that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @QualCraft 

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forum! I understand that you want delete your SSN from your PayPal account. To troubleshoot the issue, please reach out to customer service directly. You can find your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.   

I hope this helps!

- Mujahid

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @QualCraft and @Mujahid7,

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear that there's difficulty with the Tax information on your PayPal account. The EIN is what is used for a 1099K, but the SSN is used when an EIN is not present. While an SSN may not be removed from an account, it can be replaced with another if the person responsible for running a Business Account changes.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.