Delete Middle Name

Joash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to know if its possible to delete the middle name in my paypal. I accidentally placed it along with my first name.
I can provide a government ID for the first requirement but Im not married, and didn't have a legal change name (so I cant provide a deed poll either). 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

LauraAlgar

Me neither - I've had my account for *years*, I update my surname due to getting married and they've ADDED my middle name... and JOINED it to my first name! So my first name is now supposedly 'Laura <removed>.' I'm just trying to get them to make a distinction between the two names and they've told me that have to follow my name as it follows on my passport, which of course lists all forenames, but so did my previous passport and I didn't have the same issue? Ridiculous. They're trying to make it sound like I'm asking them to break the law? Bizarre. I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Login to Me Too

LauraAlgar

No sooner than I wrote that note they came back to say they'd put in a request to delete my middle name entirely! I just said I'd rather not have an account at all if my name is listed incorrectly. 

Login to Me Too

touche08
Contributor
Contributor

@LauraAlgar  I'm having the exact same problem and have spoken to Paypal multiple times today, have been transferred to other departments to have nothing resolved! An absolute waste of time. Instead, they've decided to restrict/limit my account so I can't do anything while they await documentation to show my "correct name". As you know legal documents show "Given names" which include all forenames, so I am at my wit's end with Paypal and I have been a very long term user, too.

Just wondering what email did you use to contact them? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Tl24
Contributor
Contributor

Did they delete your middle name? I'm having the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Kaitlyn9
New Community Member

Has anyone had any luck yet? This middle name thing is SO FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.