Close limited business account setup in error

new666uk
New Community Member

Help me fix a problem of my own making.

I needed to do a payment to one of our vendors for a relatively low amount (<£400) and they suggested doing it via PayPal. Foolishly I began setting up an account using my company details but part way through realised that PayPal were asking for a heap of information I didn't want to provide about the corporate executives etc.

I managed to simply pay the PayPal invoice the vendor sent me using my corporate card so that completed the transaction.

To tie up the loose ends and because PayPal keep emailing me to finish setting up the account I called them to explain my mistake and request the account be closed as I did not need it. They inform me the account is limited so that the only way to close it is to open it. i.e. complete all the setup processes and then I can close.

This seems unnecessary. I made a mistake, realised and abandoned the process. Just to ensure good housekeeping I want to close the matter officially but the process seems to drive me down a redundant path for this purpose.

Are there any options I've overlooked? Is there anything I need to consider if I just leave an unused limited account dormant?

thanks

Paul

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@new666uk 

Ask them to downgrade the account for you to a personal account, then you can verify and close.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.