Changing region for PayPal account.

khaled_akn
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to change regions for my PayPal account but it is my understanding that this is not possible. I was wondering if i would be able to close the account and make a new one with the same email address and desired region? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khaled_akn 

Yes, you can close PayPal account and use same email address to open an account under country of residence.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khaled_akn 

Yes, you can close PayPal account and use same email address to open an account under country of residence.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

slfahp
Contributor
Contributor

Where can you see what region the PayPal account is set up "in"? The address used for the profile is in the U.S. But when my donor tried to donate through our donate button, the "guest checkout" indicated the donor was in Panama. The donor was not logged in. The donor has never been to Panama. When they tried to select a different country, the U.S. was not even among the choices, and they looked for it several times up and down. How can we fix this? Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.