Changing my name on my account

Sharv
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone tell me what documents are acceptable by PayPal to change my legal name on my account. I do not have a current driving licence or passport. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sharv 

You would need marriage or divorce papers to show you legally changed your name or similar docs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sharv
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for yur reply. I did send the document you suggested plus a combination of four others, but they were all rejected.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Sharv,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about changing the name on your PayPal account. Not to worry, please note that once you submit a request for a name change, we will review and ask you to upload supporting documentation, like a valid photo ID. Include photos of both the front and back of your ID, and be sure it’s not expired. It should show the whole document clearly, with no blur, glare, or shadows. We can’t accept documents if any part is covered, blocked, or missing. All 4 corners must be visible which might be one of the reasons for rejection. Please note that you should have received a notification about the same with the reason and to follow up for the name change. Kindly go through the email and complete the process. If you have not received any notification from us via email or Resolution Center, please reach out to us through the available contact options on our website so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

I hope this information helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

I was attempting to change my name to my married name on my account, I uploaded my current drivers license as requested. I received notification that my account is not permanently limited due to being under the age of 18….. I AM 42 years old and my NYS drivers license shows my birthday to verify I am well over 18 years old. I don’t understand.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jessicalmcgraw,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry that there was an inconvenient error with reviewing your information. Please contact Customer Service to request a second look and let them know the same information that you shared here. You can find your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.