Changing language in Paypal App

Driver2302
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am living in Thailand now and the Papal App only gives information in Thai. I would like to change it to English or German, but I am not able to read Thai, so I can not read the instructions.

What can I do?

Thanks.

I know that this topic is discussed alredy, but if Iyou could read the words, I would know what to do.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

glebrodionov
New Community Member

It's unbelievable...👎

Login to Me Too

DirkGently
Seriously, you must fire whoever made the desicion to set the app language based on customer's IP address and just removed the option to change. Oh, I still cannot believe this... Deleting the app now. 🤦🤬
Login to Me Too

ExpatAlex

This is insane! I just installed the paypal app on my phone. Thought it would be quicker to use. However, since I can't understand what the app is saying, I uninstalled it in a few minutes.

Paypal, please respect people's preferences!

Paypal, please respect language minorities who may not speak the majority language in the country where they live!

Paypal, it's all about respect!

Login to Me Too

frawau
New Community Member

I had the same problem. Also in Thailand... The PayPal app is dung. Removed it within minutes. Why can't they use the default language of the phone?

Login to Me Too

forgonati
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here. Cannot change the language in the app, the app is in german language because i live in Germany. I would like to use it in english but no option to change it. Why they cannot implement such simple setting like language change?
Login to Me Too

Luca_CH

I live in Switzerland and Paypal decided I want my app to be in German.. it is a shame.

Login to Me Too

Einparkhilfe
New Community Member
I moved from Germany to Switzerland and the app language changed from German to Chinese.
Login to Me Too

gabrielmarquini
New Community Member
In iPhone, you could change the language in the smartphone settings. Go to settings app, apps, PayPal, favorite language, turn to English. Worked for me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.