Language

Temp20221104A
New Community Member

I chose the region of Germany when registering, because I am here now. But my native language is Russian. How can I change the language to Russian, when choosing only gives the option of German and English. Although the server in Russian exists

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

karugiacalam
New Community Member

I'm baffled -- 
I understand that it follow the language of the country you're in -- but I mean, I'm NOT native nor fluent in local language!! My phone is in ENGLISH for a reason, for god's sake! 
The app should follow the phone language, not location language.

Extra detail for being angry: the app did not ask for position permissions and anyway is using it!!

The only fix is to uninstall.

Login to Me Too

darkio
Contributor
Contributor

Is there REALLY no option to have the app in another language rather than having it "think" you want the language in your area? 

Login to Me Too

MakeDuunaa
Contributor
Contributor

@darkio I believe so. Well former Transferwise is more better and more cheaper to use AND you can change the language. I can use only my mobile while I'm making youtube live, so paypal isn't thet app anymore. I don't understand Thai and can't take screenshot for google translate to check options because Paypal is blocking screenshots, and I don't understand WHY Paypal block screenshots, people can always take photo from the screen haha. But anyhow I quit using paypal and paying huge fees for not working app.

Login to Me Too

Rambomc

This is the best solution I have red so far, I'm doing the exactly same thing now.

As the matter of fact I'm going to stop using PayPal in the future prior to all the errors, scams and headaches I got from this company!

Login to Me Too

danythedog
Contributor
Contributor

Problem still not fixed...Incredible ! Paypal unable to make this fix in 2022. 

Paypal = payment gateway of the past

Login to Me Too

Serkankural
New Community Member
Thanks! It is really working. Just a little tip about this, in order to make it work -if your phone language is different from English- you need to add English (or whatever language you want) to your iPhone as a second language.
Login to Me Too

Finnmatik
New Community Member
Can confirm the same for Android!
Login to Me Too

mester6

Who would thaught, it's still not fixed.
But, I mean, why would they?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Temp20221104A,

Thank you for your post in the PayPal Community. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Only the listed options for each country are available. We appreciate your feedback regarding the availability of languages in countries other than the ones where they are listed as available.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.