Change name account profile information

heim0725
Contributor
Contributor
Today, i tried to change my account's name twice and all rejected and finally understood that i was never able to change it. I made this account in 2014, for some kind of international credit card payment that i cannot remember now, but requested from my dad. That's the reason this account's name is my father's. And after 9years, now i need my account for myself and it became unavailable. I can prove that i am her daughter or whatever if needed. But it seems that PayPal has contact service only for transaction problem. Is there anything i can do for this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heim0725 

Yes, PayPal does not allow a name change to a different person.

You must open a new account under your name instead and leave the old account name under your father’s name. Hope that what you’ve done doesn’t prevent you from opening a new account under your name.

You can close the account sometime later if he no longer needs it, but not right now because that could trigger security to limit the account because of suspicious activity and father will have to send in documents to prove identity and all that stuff.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heim0725 

Yes, PayPal does not allow a name change to a different person.

You must open a new account under your name instead and leave the old account name under your father’s name. Hope that what you’ve done doesn’t prevent you from opening a new account under your name.

You can close the account sometime later if he no longer needs it, but not right now because that could trigger security to limit the account because of suspicious activity and father will have to send in documents to prove identity and all that stuff.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.