Cannot remove old addresses - possibly linked to old (expired) cards and paypal credit?

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The online Customer service chat is terrible and can't seem fix this. I' moved house about 4 months ago and update my address in PayPal. Today I received a letter that was sent to my old address, from paypal credit. Looking at my account, it shows my new address as primary, along with 2 old addresses i no longer live at.

So i tried to remove the old addresses, but there were 2 different issues:

1. A very old address says it has 3 cards linked to it. These appear to be ancient debit cards (as I haven't lived at that address for over 10 years), and they have all expired. They do not show up in my wallet, so I cannot remove them, and therefore cannot remove the address. Catch 22. I cannot remove the address, and I cannot remove the cards.

2. My most recent address (to which the letter was sent) is possibly linked to my paypal credit account. But there does not appear to be any way to update the credit address on the website, so I can't remove my old address, nor update my paypal credit to my new address.

Anyone have any idea how to fix either of these issues? It shouldn't be this difficult... Grrr!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor

For info, I had to call PayPal Credit customer services to get them to update my addresses. Not sure why it can't be done online, at at least they sorted it!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor

For info, I had to call PayPal Credit customer services to get them to update my addresses. Not sure why it can't be done online, at at least they sorted it!

Login to Me Too

Joelle_t
Contributor
Contributor

What's the phone number to call support?  The chat is useless.

Login to Me Too

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor

The number I called was <removed> and that worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Joelle_t
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  The automated support call just hung up on me after telling me that it's unable to help me.  Wouldn't even transfer me to a live operator.

Login to Me Too

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor
I think I went round in circles a few times and then just said agent or person or something like that. I think I cashed during the working day too. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

banditka
New Community Member

Do you have that number again? They removed the phone number, and chat has similarly been useless for me. Contacted twice with one follow-up and they keep sending me template messages about how to remove an address.

Login to Me Too

joydesigner
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the solution? Why the link of solution does not work?

Login to Me Too

PitRejection235
Contributor
Contributor
There's no link as I had to call their helpline to resolve this issue.
Login to Me Too

Joelle_t
Contributor
Contributor

This is the response I got from chat since I couldn't figure out the phone maze that hung up on me.

Upon checking here these cards are in your inactive financials, and that's the reason why you can't see it on your end. But rest assured that the old address will not take effect because it's all in you inactive financials. 

I don't understand what inactive financials are or why it's important to maintain the inactive financials...  Seems like it's impossible for me to get these removed b/c Paypal's system somehow needs these for record keeping.  Maybe the system should just hide the address and not let it be visible to the user, that would seem like a better solution.  Because as long as the user doesn't see it, it's all fixed.  We don't care how garbled the backend of the system is for Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.