Cannot login from mobile with 2 factor auth

daherbie
Contributor
Contributor

I can login fine w/ my laptop, but since the last few weeks I can no longer log in to paypay from my iphone. 

ios 15 was installed so maybe that broke it.

Doesn't work from chrome, safari, with incognito/private browser session or from the paypay app (uninstall and reinstall it - still will not work). Also clearing cookies/cache didn't work.

Problem is the 2 factor auth  - it hangs trying to prompt for the method or ask for the authenticator code. 

If I disable 2 factor auth (using my laptop to login) it works fine but no way i'm leaving it like that.

What's the solution?  I use my phone 95% of the time so not being able to pay for things is a problem and I hate putting my credit card directly into websites.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Joy

Hi @daherbie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in to your account from your phone. I understand how concerning this would be. For this situation, I suggest contacting us to provide additional details. To contact our Customer Support, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

daherbie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I did contact support and they just disabled my 2 factor authentication.  Does any one else have this problem? makes paypal worthless to me on my phone so i'm looking for alternatives now.

Login to Me Too

Gianf
New Community Member

Hi,

Same problem with me. I can successfully login with a Windows PC, a Chrome OS laptop but I cannot login with 2 step auth enabled using my iPhone and my iPad. I tried with the PayPal app and with browser.

I call the helpdesk 4 times and every time they tell me to disable the 2 step auth, and that it's a problem related to Apple products.

I'm going to delete my PayPal account. A financial product that cannot solve basic problems it's not trustable.

Login to Me Too

hoighth
New Community Member

Yep. Same problem here. It is staggering to me how often PayPal drops the ball on such very basic UX functions.

Login to Me Too

OscarSG
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar problem with the PayPal App when using data on a Vodafone SIM... workaround was to disable 2FA or use Wifi

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.