Can the same business have two business accounts?

TaylorAlaska
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so I work for a company doing reselling, they're in charge of receiving and I'm in charge of selling.

I want to create a PayPal business account so I can sell on Google Shopping, but it requires a employer identification number.

My boss says he doesn't want to share company accounts with employees, so I'm wondering, does my signing up for a business account on behalf of the business prevent anyone else in the business creating a business account with the same employer identification number?

Can there be multiple paypal business accounts with identical business information?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TaylorAlaska,

Thank you for your post. A business can typically only have one account, which must be managed by an authorized representative of the company. Only one account should be using the tax ID for the company.

It is possible for the company to have one account and set up multi-user access, where authorized employees have their own logins and passwords and have managed permissions to do certain things in the account but not others.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Bandhu108
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia 

You said typically, which means not always.  How might a business go about getting 2 accounts for one tax id.  The reason I am asking is for a non-profit I work at.  It is a religious organization rooted in Hinduism/Vedic traditions.  There is the primary entity which engages in a variety of works both charitable and religious.  There are also individual temples, who do not require their own tax id number, but have their own bank account and "business" which needs to be kept separate from the rest of the organization.  For instance, we need to be able to receive donations for local operations without that getting confused by being received in the main account.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope that Paypal offers a solution for non-profits like ours.

Thanks,

Bandhu

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bandhu108,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community forum! If your account is located in the US, please visit this page and contact our sales department to ask if there is a solution that will enable you to achieve what you're looking to do. If your account is located in a different country, please let us know what country you're in so the community can provide guidance to the appropriate sales portal for that country.

I hope that they can help you get what you're looking to do accomplished.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Totekko
New Community Member

@PayPal_Olivia Can the secondary user make online purchases? I set up a multi-user and this user cant make online purchases.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Totekko

Welcome to the PayPal Community! This is a great question. Yes, you can set up all kinds of different permissions for your users ranging from making payments to IT and development access. You can set up those specific permissions for each user under the Manage Users section in your Account Settings. There you should be able to Add Users and edit their permissions as you prefer. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.