Can't select my country to get confirmed account status

Lekter
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just opened this business account, however I have a problem with getting it confirmed: I'm Swiss, living in Switzerland, but the dropdown menu only shows states from the USA without an option to select another region. I tried to find a setting for this somewhere and even to create another account in case I had missed an option earlier, but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know how I can get the appropriate options for my country?

Thanks by advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lekter 

Sounds as if you opened a U.S paypal account instead of clicking on it and scrolling down the list to select your own country.

If you click on settings (cog next to log out) and then on the left see what it says in nationality, if it says U.S then you would need to close that account and open one in your own country.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lekter 

Sounds as if you opened a U.S paypal account instead of clicking on it and scrolling down the list to select your own country.

If you click on settings (cog next to log out) and then on the left see what it says in nationality, if it says U.S then you would need to close that account and open one in your own country.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lekter
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

It indeed looks like that's the problem, but I can't even access my account settings to close it because of the "identification required" dialogue box. Is there a workaround for that, or should I just leave this account as is to create a new one?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lekter 

You would need to request customer services to close it for you.

Remember to remove anything you have linked to it first if you can as if any cards or banks are linked to it when its closed you won't be able to use them on your new account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.