Can't log in

Whitesnow78
Contributor
Contributor

I can't log into my PayPal due to I can not get by the first screen to log in, which asks me for a mobile phone number.  I don't have one or a cell at all, but I do have a PayPal account.  So how do I get past this ridiculous screen so I can access my account ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whitesnow78
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much, yes, I give up, it does return and come back that I need a cell phone to give them a number.  So I went and bought one,

I will use it for travel probably only and for this.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whitesnow78 

You would need customer services to help you access your account.

However once in you would need to add a mobile phone number or you will hit the same problem everytime you log out.

Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whitesnow78
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much, yes, I give up, it does return and come back that I need a cell phone to give them a number.  So I went and bought one,

I will use it for travel probably only and for this.

Login to Me Too

RavenManiac1
Contributor
Contributor

I Have the problem of not having a Cell Phone So I Can't Log In BUT I AM NOT GOING TO BUY A CELL PHONE JUST TO LOG INTO PAYPAL!...FACE BOOK PAYPAL is Useless, They won't answer me, or help, my E-mails are NOT REPLIED TO...Only thing Left is to Stop Using ...PayPal....CAN NO ONE TELL ME HOW TO LOG IN WITHOUT A CELL PHONE (I've land line)!..I'm being forced out after 20 years using this service..

Login to Me Too

Rukiddingme2
New Community Member
I have a similar problem. I have a new phone number. I can't change my phone number because i can't pass the authentication part because there are only two options:-1.are to text me at my old number or 2. to call me at my old number. I call the landline number and went through that terrible auto stage and finally after 5 minutes,it starts dialing for an agent... After 2 min of dialing they out down my call. 7 min wasted! Nothing solved. No one to contact, no one to speak to. Even if you email to Phishing, u get an automated robot reply that you cannot reply to. So who can we talk to to solve our problem?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.