Can't download app from Apple Store to iPhone because PayPal needs to verify by code to my phone

austeniticjeff
New Community Member

I keep getting " Verification Required: Before you can make purchases, PayPal must send an SMS code to your phone ........ in order to verify your account." I have an email from PayPal verifying my account updates. What's happened?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lidapap
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

had the same issue.

i think a change of password at paypal account caused this.

what finally worked is:

1. go to app store
  2. tap the avatar icon
  3. tap your account
  4. tap method of payment (maybe in different words)
  5. then tap nothing
  6. and done

once it is all done you can go again and select paypal

basically you will have to log in again with correct credential.

thats it

Login to Me Too

rcull
Contributor
Contributor

I eventually found the app store, then account, but there was no options to proceed with a verification of any kind. I think they want a tie in to a bank account so they can rob you if they wish. My paypal account has $2000.00 dollars in it, and I can't buy a $15.00 movie. It also has authorization to take fund from my credit card! I hate this ****!

Login to Me Too

Farfo
Contributor
Contributor

What I did to solve this problem was to delete PayPal as a payment option on my Apple ID account.

Then, I just added it back on my Apple account.

Login to Me Too

Jim38
Contributor
Contributor

This was the only fix i could get to work........  I dont think apple likes paypal.......  paypal to me is light years ahead of anything else

Login to Me Too

ddolbel
Contributor
Contributor

That worked for me.. thank you for the information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.