Can't change the security question/answer! Looks like a BUG!

wpsbest
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yestardsay and today; I was trying to change account's secuity questions/answers.

It keep giving me error message.

Today it gives this error:  [object Object]

wpsbest_0-1678045320044.png

What should I do?

Is this a bug in PayPal?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

gfml
Contributor
Contributor

wpsbest: 

I had a problem with this question also; I was asked to give an answer to this question even though I had never given PayPal an answer to the question! I did answer the question, but of course PayPal said it was the wrong answer and kept me locked out of my account. Their security protocol has a whole lot of bugs and is totally **bleep** up! 

gfml 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @wpsbest and @gfml,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry to know about the issues you're facing while accessing PayPal account and updating the security questions. It could be a technical glitch that you're not able to update the security questions. Please try clearing cache/cookies and also try using a different browser or device to see if this works. If the issue persists, please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance on this.

@gfml As you're not able to access your account, I recommend you to click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. you will see "Call Us" option at the bottom of the page during working hours. Please give us a call so that our team may help you to access your account. 

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

gfml
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Bindu Moderator: 

The problem is that "your team" that we get to speak to when we call that "Contact Us, Call Us" phone number (at least for us in Canada) are people in the Phillipines who, although they are very pleasant even with very frustrated and angry PayPal customers like myself, seem unable to help us because apparently the people back at the PayPal head office in the U.S. don't listen to our security verification complaints. I often ask them to transfer me to their supervisor, which they do, but the supervisor (also from the Phillipines) just tells me the same thing as the first person I talked to told me, that "they will pass on my complaint(s) to the head office in the U.S.", which if they actually do always seem to be ignored because the non-cell ("mobile") phone security verification issue continues to be unresolved. 

Some people (maybe not in Canada) have told us that they are able to input their landline non-"mobile" phone number successfully when asked for a phone number without being told that the number inputted is unacceptable because it is not a "mobile" phone number. Then, after the landline phone number is inputted unsuccessfully, a "bot" calls their landline phone number shortly afterwards and verbally gives the PayPal customer the required 4-digit verification code number to use. 

The funny thing about this is that I suggested months ago (to those unbelievably patient and polite PayPal support people in the Phillipines) using this protocol as an effective way to ensure adequate security verification without requiring the PayPal customer to have a "mobile" phone, and they said that they would pass on this suggestion to the PayPal security verification people in the U.S. Is it possible that this non-"mobile" phone security verification protocol has been put into effect in some countries outside of Canada, but not in our country for some reason? If so I don't see any reason why that protocol cannot be made available to Canadian PayPal customers also. 

gfml 

Login to Me Too

gfml
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Bindu Moderator: 

Sorry, in my message to you I meant to say in the twelfth line of my message, "Then, after the landline phone number is submitted successfully, a "bot" calls their landline phone number shortly afterwards and verbally gives the PayPal customer the required 4-digit verification code number to use." 

gfml 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.