Can not login using Google Authentication App

bhbp
New Community Member

Hello,

I have PayPal trouble

Problem: I can't sign in to my account. I enter a password, answer  to an additional question, but there is no way to enter a 6-digit code generated by Google Authenticator App.

Something more. To ask this question I am forced to log in through another account as I must be logged in to be able to ask questions…..

After entering my password it asks for a 6 digit authentication code. There is no way to give such a code because my old phone with a working authenticator broke down.

I have one installed on the new phone, but I can't log into my PayPal account to register the verifier, nor can I turn off 2-step verification. How do I log into my account?

On the Enter you code page, Enter the 6-digit security code from your authenticator app. Having trouble logging in? The link is not working. Tested on 3 computers.

I asked chatGPT. It directs me to the Having trouble logging in? link, but it doesn't work.

The Other ways to contact us Visit the Help Center link also does not work.

https://www.undefined/smarthelp/contact-us

How do I log in without using 2-step verification, but only with a password and SMS? I want to remove this two-step verification. I wasted a lot of time looking for a way.

There is no way I can contact PayPal support because this is only possible if I am logged in. But I am unable to log in due to the above reasons.

I'm asking for help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @bhbp,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I can imagine how frustrating it has been for you to be unable to switch to a new Google Authenticator on your end. This would require the assistance of a Customer Service Representative.

To be able to contact without logging in, please click the Contact link at the bottom of the PayPal website, choose Contact Us, Password and account access, Login problems, and then the logged-out contact information will be displayed at the bottom of the page.

I hope this can be quickly resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.