Can I open a business account while articles of incorporation are being processed?

anne172
New Community Member

Will PayPal allow us to open a business account while the articles of incorporation are being processed?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @anne172,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, we would need verification documents for all accounts on our platform. This means that if you register a PayPal account, we may ask you to provide Business Registration documents and identification documents of the owners of the company, among other documents. Due to this, if you don't have the documents available, this may delay the review. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

PicklesAus
New Community Member
When I created my account PayPal didn't ask for my business papers they just locked the account. Why?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Welcome @PicklesAus,

I'm sorry to hear your account has been locked. Was your account permanently locked or do you see steps to be completed in the Resolution Center? If so, here's a Help Center article to guide you through submitting any requested documentation: How do I remove a limitation from my account?

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.