Can I create multiple business paypal accounts for multiple ecommerce stores (Shopify)?

mroriz
Contributor
Contributor

I run multiple ecommerce stores through Shopify and would like to link separate business Paypal accounts for each one so that we can organize transactions easier and have a unique support email/business DBA tied to each account.

However, all of my stores are under the same business entity meaning I would have to use the same EIN for each paypal business account that I create. Will it be ok to do this as long as we have a unique bank account for each store, a separate credit card, and different email address? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

How did you resolve this?

I also have multiple businesses that I would like to be treated separately. I'm still wondering how to organize accounts so that I can receive payment for each business separately.

Login to Me Too

mroriz
Contributor
Contributor

I can't ever get a defined answer on whether it's ok. I've called PayPal and the rep says it's okay... but on the website, it literally states we're only allowed one personal and one business account. 

For the past 5 years, I've been passing through all payments from my multiple Shopify stores under one business Paypal account. I then use an app called Report Pundit to grab the data of Paypal transactions (separately from each store) so that I can get accurate reports and separate the finances accordingly. 

Not sure if you're doing e-commerce - but this is the only viable solution at the moment. Without posing a risk of getting banned or limited. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mroriz,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you for thinking of PayPal for your business and payment solutions! I would recommend reaching out to our Sales Team to discuss what options may be best for your business. Here's also a link to our Business Resource Center for you to read through at your leisure. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.