Can I create a merchant account in zambia?

wernerreiche
Contributor
Contributor

I am developing a web site for a Zambian client and would like to use Paypal Payments as the payment gateway for receiving credit card payments.

It seems that I cannot create a business account in Zambia.  Is this correct or am I doing something wrong.

Would it be possible for me to create a Canadian business account and then link it to a Zambian or South African bank?

Thanks in advance,

Werner

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wernerreiche 

Zambia PayPal cannot accept payments, buying, sending money only.

PayPal accounts should only be opened in the same country client/account owner resides in. Do not open Canada account for non-Canadian client as only can link Canadian issued financials to it.

If client has South Africa bank, billing address, contact info, with documentation that can verify this (photo ID, bank/utility statements for example) then they may open South Africa account.

I recommend the client opening the business account and add you as a sub-user with permission to integrate PayPal.

To open account:

https://www.paypal.com/za/webapps/mpp/account-selection

To add sub users:

How do I add users to my PayPal account?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wernerreiche 

Zambia PayPal cannot accept payments, buying, sending money only.

PayPal accounts should only be opened in the same country client/account owner resides in. Do not open Canada account for non-Canadian client as only can link Canadian issued financials to it.

If client has South Africa bank, billing address, contact info, with documentation that can verify this (photo ID, bank/utility statements for example) then they may open South Africa account.

I recommend the client opening the business account and add you as a sub-user with permission to integrate PayPal.

To open account:

https://www.paypal.com/za/webapps/mpp/account-selection

To add sub users:

How do I add users to my PayPal account?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.