CLOSE MY ACCOUNT NOW

DaughterDoo
Contributor
Contributor

CLOSE MY ACCOUNT NOW. NO MORE OF THIS "WE'RE HAVING PROBLEMS" BS. DO IT OR PEOPLE WHO WILL FORCE YOU TO DO IT WILL.

NOW.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaughterDoo 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DaughterDoo
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried asking yourself why I cant close my account via the "Close your account" option in my PayPal account? Should be rather simple and straight forward.

Why do I get emails that say this: "We're having trouble closing your account" and "There's a technical error preventing your account from being closed. Please contact Custom Service for assistance".

And then when I try to speak to ANYONE its either automated or I get no response....?

Are you a bot?

After the $2500 debacle, how scared is PayPal about loosing customers? Is that why they're making it so hard for me to close my account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaughterDoo 

Nope no idea why you can't close it, all I can do is give you all the ways to contact customer services to get it closed, so, you're welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DaughterDoo
Contributor
Contributor

What ways? Chat bot? Everything I've done has run me around in circles. I work during the day. How long of a wait on the phone do you think is reasonable? An hour? 2 hours? I mean come on. There is an option in the account that says CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. Get it fixed. And BTW oh look, its not just me who's having this problem.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DaughterDoo 

Yeah not sure how I am supposed to get it fixed  🤣

As you can't use the close account option then all I can do is give you all the options I am aware of to help you close your account.

I will waste no more of my time on you as you are so rude and go give up my time to nice folks.

Have a lovely day. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
I have recorded video of my 2 hour calls through several representatives. Another guy from Australia did the same- I have spent more than 20 hours this week on hold or speaking to reps in the Philippines, Colombia, Nebraska, Etc. I have been told so many lies that I’ve refuted. No, my account has no pending charges. No, we have no accounts with Honey or Xoom. Yes, we’ve closed our Venmo accounts. No, Venmo confirmed our account never had shadow accounts attached- provided the ticket number. They just LIE!! Report every instance to attorney general!
Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. PayPal is being sued in a class action lawsuit that proves they have created millions of fake accounts and blocked users from closing their accounts to deceive investors on their actual worth. Look up Bragan, Eagel, & Squire (NJ) filed last week.
Login to Me Too

Dmarie0105
New Community Member

I am trying to close my account and it keeps telling "there is an issue" contact customer service!!! Robot/ chat was not helpful.  there should be no reason to go thru any amount of trouble to close an account, right??

Let me know if you have success...

Dmarie0105

Login to Me Too

Temp20221014Q
Contributor
Contributor

hope we can join a class action action lawsuit or the government fines them a billion dollars to teach them a lesson !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.