Add a New Contact (Payee)

JonBattle46
Contributor
Contributor

This seems so simple. How do I add a new person I want to start paying through PayPal? I click on Contacts - don't see any add function - only the ones I already have. When I go to help, it talks about Import Contacts - which is not even and option on the contacts screen. See below.

Snag19- 10-30-2019 2.26.42 PM.jpg

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PurpleKT
New Community Member

@kernowlass this doesn't add people to your contacts, just to your customer list.

It seems absolutely ridiculous that PayPal make it so hard for you to add someone to your contacts.

Login to Me Too

RiaR
New Community Member
Still no solution for this one? I’m about to tear my hair out I’m that frustrated lol
Login to Me Too

thesimarchitect
Contributor
Contributor

This is just insane. We should be able to add email addresses on the same screen. Can't also find it and adding a customer does NOT add them as a contact.

Can't block people that don't show up already in your contact list and can't add someone to the contact list, so there's no way to block a person.

Login to Me Too

Gothvix
Contributor
Contributor

This situation has actually become even worse over the past few months. It used to be that autofill was reliable to use. When it stopped being that way a few months ago, I thought alright, I'll just start creating manual entries for everyone in my Contacts. Weirdly, that actually worked for a few weeks -- until now when it's stopped working, and PayPal isn't even saving the new entries I create for someone I just invoiced.

I want to believe this is in the works of being completely overhauled right now, since it seems to be actually broken. I really want to believe that. I want to believe this will get fixed soon, because it's honestly absurd.

Login to Me Too

nebraskadam

This is unbelievable. Paypal has become absurd and impossible.  Regression at its finest and instead of being able to talk to someone about it (no one is responding from paypal), we simply have to please a bot ("did you like/was___helpful?")  NO.  Nothing is helpful anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.