Add a New Contact (Payee)

JonBattle46
Contributor
Contributor

This seems so simple. How do I add a new person I want to start paying through PayPal? I click on Contacts - don't see any add function - only the ones I already have. When I go to help, it talks about Import Contacts - which is not even and option on the contacts screen. See below.

Snag19- 10-30-2019 2.26.42 PM.jpg

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi JonBattle46,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Here is an article on our Help Centre that could help you answer your questions. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Frances_Lane
Contributor
Contributor

And if there's no "import contact" showing anywhere onscreen?

I managed to email some money to the new contact [small amount, trial run], but no idea how long it'll take him to get it.

If his bank account isn't on record, which it isn't cos PayPal won't let me add it, how is he going to collect the money when he finally gets notice that I've sent it?

I wanted to add his bank details so that I could transfer money directly, but when I click on that option I get taken to Xoon which assumes that I'd want to pay someone living ten minutes away from me in US dollars.

I managed to delete some contacts easily, why is it such a problem to add one?

Login to Me Too

akamami
New Community Member
The explanation in the Help Center is of no help at all. I spent the better part of my morning trying to add a new contact so that I don’t have to repeat the entire process each time I want to send money. It took me through rabbit holes to no end. I don’t want to “create an invoice.” I just want to add a new contact. Please add links to take the user directly to what they need to do. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

RogerJS
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with akamami. I have been using Paypal since 2000 and now recently have become frustrated. I do not see a way to simply add a new contact. The instructions provided by Paypal are no help because what they state are supposed options do not not appear on any of my screens. This is not about submitting an invoice but simply adding a new contact. This should be an easy process. Paypal please provide a solution.

Login to Me Too

dpogue8
New Community Member

Still no way to add a contact? I'd like to be able to confirm my recipient is correct before sending money

Login to Me Too

syelan

@PayPal_Martina It does NOT help at all.  The link takes me to a page that explains how to *remove* a contact, but nothing about how to *add* a new one.  This is a basic feature, and it should be a no-brainer.  Why is this such a hassle?  At the very least Paypal should be able to explain WHY is this not an actual option on my Contacts page.  

I need to make a transfer.  How am I supposed to use my Paypal account if I cannot set a new payee?!  If I cannot add the receptor of this payment, this account has no use to me.

Login to Me Too

grc0520
Contributor
Contributor

I too am unable to determine how in the heck to add a contact. I thought it may only be me but 'glad' to see others have the same problem.  It is now Oct 2021 & this problem has not been resolved?? 

Login to Me Too

mfresquez89
Contributor
Contributor
Any way to add a contact yet???????????
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grc0520 

@mfresquez89 

I've always done it this way............

Select send/request top of paypal summary page > click on MORE in the white band just below the blue top of page > create invoice > click on SETTINGS drop down arrow top right of page > top option CUSTOMERS > click on ADD top right of page > you can add anyone to that list.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.