Account verification problem

artdm
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

I stupidly cleared my cookies today and inevitably went to log onto my PayPal account, I have a couple and the problem exists for both, it asks for a verification SMS. I request one to be sent to which I get a screen saying "there was a problem"! Very helpful. Is anybody else having trouble? The UK office is closed until Monday

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @artdm,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues getting back into your account. Are you still having issues logging in? Have you tried logging in from the app or a previously trusted device? If you're still seeing that error I'd recommend trying to get in touch with Customer Support by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Oldbluegit1956
Contributor
Contributor

I am a disabled 65 year old.I cannot supply online varificcation . But don't believe paypal want to release my money. So as to gain interest on my money I have lived same house for 40 years. I fear I may die soon & may need my £500+ with PayPal for funeral costs. If PayPal had the desire they would pay me..I feel they want to steal it.

Worse company in the history of the Universe. Would I recommend? .Certainly not to anyone over 60 because they are callous, cold and unsympathetic. Never had a problem with any bank. PayPal are unregulated & a law unto themselves. ..!!! Online robbery 

Login to Me Too

Oldbluegit1956
Contributor
Contributor

I am a 65 year old non techno. I have been trying to leave PAYPAL...They are holding over £500 of money earned off ebay. I cannot verify because I do not have an online bank account. I have lived at my address for 40 years! Have been with the same bank for over 10 years. I am not a mafia money launderer, or O.a.P. drug runner. Sent details of bank, birth certificate  (copies) UK paypal offices Recorded delivery. Rang them off my landline which I've had for 15 years plus with Virgin. Sent copies of 

Utility bills to prove my residency. They have claimed in the past it is due to EUROPEAN law... UK has left EU !!.... PHIL <removed>

Login to Me Too

AIP1
New Community Member

I've been spending hours on the phone since July trying to sort this out.  Can't get a clear response regarding what they need to sort this out.  When I try and add the apparent "missing" information I just get a blank screen with no means to resolve it.  Customer services keep sending me emails saying they hope my issue has been resolved - it hasn't - but there is not means to actually reply to those messages.  It is hopeless.  So if someone has the magic touch and can work out how to get through to someone sensible to sort this out that would be wonderful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.