Account suspended for not being in New Zealand

Monkmala
New Community Member
Hello all I am a kiwi who resides in Thailand, and used PayPal for my business for 6 years. PayPal advised me under their new Thailand policies that only Thai citizens would be able to hold a Thailand based PayPal and to close it and reopen in New Zealand. I did this and because I currently only have access to the Thai registration documents and only a Thai phone number I have been told my NZ PayPal, using the same email address as I have been using for 6 years is now suspicious and closed. I don't see anyway to appeal this, and wondering is there anything I can do. For years I used PayPal for online business while traveling and now it seems I can't have a brick and mortar business with them unless I physically have that business in NZ, rather than just bank in NZ
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monkmala 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
However not all countries support paypal or have restrictions on the account usage which you have discovered with a Thai account unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.