Account constantly suspended - WHY? - Unusable service

Ronnie_22
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a Paypal account about two weeks ago. Sign up went fine, it allowed me to add a card, all fine. I then purchased some crypto. At once the account was suspended. Paypal asked for a bank statement to prove the card used for the purchase was mine. I sent this in, about a week later account was unlocked. I think I also sent in my driving license.

I then purchased some more crypto on the same card, again as soon as the crypto was purchased the account was suspended again. And then Paypal asked again for me to prove the card, again I sent in another statement (the same one as it has been so soon this the last request). After another few days the account was unlocked again.

I just logged in to try and buy some more crypto, this time I didn't even buy any, there was a message again saying the account was suspended for the third time, does Paypal expect crypto traders to actually use this site? because the system is totally rubbish and prevents traders making purchases at the time they desire. Paypal will not be controlling my purchases and as soon as I can I will be withdrawing and closing the account.

I am not doing anything suspicious, I am using a UK bank card, registered to a full UK bank, using legal funds, on a UK connection, using a standard email address. There is no reason to suspend me constantly. It is highly suspicious behaviour.

I do wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ronnie_22
Contributor
Contributor

Update, unlocked for a third time, log in, suspended again. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Hi @Ronnie_22,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'm truly sorry to hear that your account has been limited multiple times after purchasing cryptocurrency on PayPal. I know that would be concerning. In situations like this, I typically recommend checking to ensure you aren't using a VPN or Hosting IP and are logged in using a secure internet network. If you're still experiencing this issue after that, it would be best to contact our Customer Support team for these details to be reviewed further. 

I hope this helps!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.