Account Closure Email

sigxvicious
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I just received a bizarre email informing me that PayPal is closing my account. I thought it to be a scam at first but the same thing appeared on my app. I tried to find an email address to write to them but I am unable to. Unfortunately, I am deaf so would appreciate if anyone knows one relating to account closures for UK. As for the closure itself - I assume it is an error as the account it connected to my personal bank account and I have used it for over a decade. It literally is used for online subscriptions or for website hosting and the only payments I receive into it are from Prolific, which is an academic survey website. I also had no transactions fail and my latest payment was for books at a shop that I used before and it went out completely fine. The only thing I can think off is me once having a donate button for a month on an old blog that I placed just because but nobody ever used it and I abandoned this website aeons ago but have not deleted. I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me how to contact them on this. I'll try Live Chat in the morning as well.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sigxvicious 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sigxvicious
Contributor
Contributor
Hiya, Thanks for the reply and I have tried Livechat since 7 AM but it is constantly unavailable. I tried to use the message centre yesterday and today and it tells me it is unavailable for me. Afraid, I do not have Twitter or Facebook and as mentioned above - cannot use voice chat unless they have a text service. However, there is others that had same thing happen yesterday but equally unsuccessful in reaching paypal. I will be trying Livechat until I get someone.
Login to Me Too

KevGa2
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like you are in the same boat as me I used PayPal account been with pay pay for 18 years

i have never had any fraud on the account never had any chargebacks on the account also 

I thought it to be a scam phishing email at first as well 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.