4 days. 16 representatives. 8 different reasons (continually changing)

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
Tried to close our accounts 10/8. Both my husband and I received ‘Sorry there’s a problem’ contact customer service. We have contacted John, Mira, Cynthia, Al, Jen, Kelly just to name half. Their excuses are numerous: system upgrade, pending transactions, because you might have subsidiary accounts with Venmo, Honey, Xoom, because you have shadow accounts attached to your Venmo accounts, system updating…Each rep who gave me an action to take (close Venmo), an action was taken, a return call to customer service only to then have them deny that was completed. Ultimately, Kelly-one of 6 supervisors I have communicated- stated, “I do not have the option to close the account.” Did they remove that option after thousands closed their accounts on 10/7? Who has the option to close our accounts? I have filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General- holding an account hostage and deceptive practices are likely not aligned with Texas commerce law. Please advise. Oh, and I tried to create a username- the system said it was taken- it generated the username I am using. I received a message from PP closing my community forum because my username is not allowed. I explained their system populated it- they said my account would be reinstated- we’ll see.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
On the phone with yet another supervisor- Joseph with PayPal Financial Msnagers who is stating he will escalate my request…I explained 3-4 other supervisors said they had already escalated my case. Joseph found no such proof. Once again, deception is par for course with this organization.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TaraHall 

Just a thought, have you cancelled all subscriptions?

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, there are 0 subscriptions- no open accounts with any subsidiaries of PP. They are treading on criminal practices with the level of deception and misleading they are feeding their customer representatives.
Login to Me Too

Barricade643
Contributor
Contributor
I canceled all my subscriptions, deleted, my bank account, etc. And it does no good. They said my account can't be closed. Sounds like it's damage control but due to this experience I will never use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, there are zero subscriptions in the active file. They are now saying it’s a system error on their end and they have no idea when it will be fixed. I am convinced they created this problem to stop the bloodshed of cancellations. The fact 9 days hasn’t fixed it yet proves it’s intentional because PP was ordered to close 4.5 million fake accounts 6 months ago- quickly done. We need a judge to force them to close every account that requested cancellation the last 5 years.
Login to Me Too

Barricade643
Contributor
Contributor
They won't let me close mine either. I already deleted my bank account information. Insured all returning charges are canceled. Deleted PayPal credit. But PayPal will not let me close my account.
Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
File a report with FTC.gov and your state attorney general. There is a class action lawsuit against PayPal filed last week by Bragar, Eagal & Squire in New Jersey- (starting to make sense) “ In addition, the PayPal class action lawsuit alleges that investors were unaware of the lengths PayPal was going to keep inactive customers and fake bot accounts on the platform to prevent churn and inflate its NNA guidance which would have provided a more realistic view of the true demand for PayPal’s platform.” This company must be shut down for illegal practices and fraudulent actions against the consumer! I’ve read Gabpay was created when PayPal closed their account, at will, three years ago. I’m gunshy and trust no financial platforms now. But, at least it’s being exposed- we are just caught in their web of deceit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.