where do i send a pic of my ID to change the name on my account?

crepesupremacy
New Community Member

i want a debit card, but my last name doesnt match the one on my account so i need to change the name on my account first. to do this they require me to send an id but they don't tell me where to send it to. could anyone give me instructions on where to submit my id with context so that my name on the account can be changed?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crepesupremacy 

How do I change the name on my PayPal account?

If you’re logged in with business account, you’ll see the business account steps.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

crepesupremacy
New Community Member

not what i'm looking for. read the last part - to upload your documents... it doesn't say WHERE to upload them.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Welcome back to the PayPal Community! Thank you @sharpiemarker for your help on this one. We greatly appreciate all the time you lend to our users. 

@crepesupremacy, sorry for any confusion there. You'll see the option to upload any necessary documents once you start the name change process listed in the article provided above. If you run into any speed-bumps along the way, please feel free to reach out to our Support Teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.