please resolve my paypal limitation

sahil3012
New Community Member
why my paypal get limitations I have just started my paypal account and login the account and link my bank the said I get the limitation of 180 why I can't use any of the PayPal please help me resolve this problem please please 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sahil3012 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JBick
Contributor
Contributor

HI there! I am so sorry to hear that you have a limitation placed onto your account. 

This can be a very frustrating process and this has happened to ME just recently, so trust me, I understand your problem. 

Just remember, PayPal is only following policy and wants to protect YOU as their customer

I had the best help by contacting PayPal through the message center; it allows for a more personalized resolution experience

PayPal has placed a limitation on your account because they have received information that has caused a security concern, and if you just became a new member and linked your bank account, then that is probably the root of the problem. I would suggest logging into your PayPal account on a laptop or desktop as I wasn't able to see that my account was restricted on my PayPal app for some reason. 

You should see in the top right hand corner of the page, a notification bell 🔔. That will show you that your account was put on a restriction and it will bring you to a page that may explain "why" and "what" is requested by PayPal to lift your restriction. Usually they may ask you to "verify" your bank by either logging into your bank with you bank credentials or sending a bank statement, if these cannot be done, PayPal may be able to send TWO small deposits into your account, which you get to keep, and report back to PayPal the amount of each deposit. 

They may also ask you to verify your identity and/or address by requesting photos of your government issued ID, passport, utility bills, and other documents. 

I had lost my ID and was unable to send them that, so I just sent as many documents as I possibly could to show them I was indeed the person I claimed to be. Just make sure these documents display the "same name, DOB, address, SS#" as shown in your PayPal Profile. Sending them proof of your direct deposits will also help. 

In the Resolution Center, there will be a lengthy list of acceptable documents you can provide. 

Stay positive, remain calm and collected with the support representatives whom you reached out to, and if you are lacking specific proof, tell them! They will help you find other ways to provide sufficient proof. After providing the necessary proof, it should only take a couple days for the limitations to be lifted from your account.

Good Luck!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.