opened an account on Paypal USA instead of UAE. Now I can't verify or close it

osamaabbasi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in UAE and wanted to open a Paypal account. by mistake, I signed up from paypal.com instead of paypal.ae and now it's asking me to enter my social security number and other details that pertain to US citizens. now I just want to close my account so I can open one the right way this time. unfortunately, im stuck in limbo because i need to provide that information to close my account but i cant provide that info because im not a US citizen

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@osamaabbasi 

You can't do anything with that account, remove what you can and open one in the correct country.

If you contact customer services they should put a limitation on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

osamaabbasi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. so basically the email i used to create that account is unusable?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @osamaabbasi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with an account opened in the incorrect country. You may need to contact customer service. If there is currently a limitation on the account, you will need permission before opening a new account, since opening an account while you have a limitation is not permitted otherwise. While they're reviewing the situation, you can ask if it's possible to close the current account to allow the use of the same email address, though it is possible that will not be something you will be able to do.

To contact customer service, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and use one of the listed contact options, or you can alternatively PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.