how contact Paypal Australia account in UK moved back to Australia

globalmark
Contributor
Contributor

anyone know the Australia Support phone number 

as i just moved back from the UK and my paypal auto opens the UK number and i cant phone with prepaid mobile to the UK ..

or how to change the country or address i did it 5 years ago when moved to the UK with help from customer support but now moved back to Australia .

thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@globalmark 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

globalmark
Contributor
Contributor

hi 

thanks for that info - i was with paypal Australia before and they changed to UK for me via customer services 5 years so could do it before but maybe not now ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@globalmark 

Been on here for 15 years and as far as i know you cannot and have never been able to change the country of a paypal account.

This is because Paypal varies country to country.

Checkout the link?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-change-my-paypal-address-to-another-country-faq143...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.