can you use a single cell number for two separate accounts?
i have a personal paypal account.
i am power of attorney for my mother, and we would like to set up paypal account for her (easy way to do gifts to grandkids, etc).
but i want to use MY cell phone as the phone of record.
she would have her bank account number in her account, separate email, etc.
i did read that you personally can't have multiple personal accounts, but that is not the case here.
Profile & Settings
Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand that you would like to use your phone number on two PayPal accounts, to your PayPal account, and your mother's PayPal account. I regret to inform you; this option is not available. At PayPal, account and data security is treated as a priority following risk-free transactions. Adding one phone number to two accounts can contradict and as a security measure, this option is not available. You may, however, add a new phone number to a different account.
thanks for reply.
but, i had gone to chat, and that person said it was able to be done, and i set up the second account using same number, and the accounts do work...
i can log in as myself, or log in with my mom in her account, it switches succssfully, it sends me activation code numbers, etc.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- PayPal Crypto Fraud in Security and Fraud Archives
- How do i find Pay in 4 statement that shows account number and details in Products & Services Archives
- How do I find my account number and sort code so I can deposit into my PayPal account? in Transactions Archives
- PayPal Account Number in Managing Account Archives
- Unable to close account due to old unused phone number in Managing Account Archives