bypass 2-factor ID for trusted computer

gunrunnerjohn
Contributor
Contributor

I'm considering turning on 2-factor ID, but I have a question first.  I would like my main home computer to not have to go through the 2-factor login every time I log into PP, that would be a **bleep**.  Before I turn this on, is there a way to "trust" just one computer as there is for most other financial services?  Since PP "trusts" this computer when making payments, does that carry over to 2-factor login?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @gunrunnerjohn,

Welcome! I was able to pull this information from the following Help Center article: How do I turn on or off 2-step verification for PayPal account login?

"You can opt to skip 2-step verification on a device you trust. Simply log in to PayPal on the device and complete 2-step verification, then you’ll see the option to trust this device. To opt out, go to the “2-step verification” section in your Settings and revoke the permission on this device."

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.