Why does my paypal account not leverage an email address?

jsm98
Contributor
Contributor

I have a paypal account that isn't an email or a phone number.    Some paypal applications/screens expect accounts to be valid email addresses.

Why does my paypal account not leverage an email address?    The paypal account that doesn't use an email address is a user of a business account.

I have 2 paypal accounts.   one is myname, the other is <removed>  the "myname" one is a business account.    why does paypal let accounts exist that are not a phone number or email address when certain apps, like the mobile app require the sign-in is an email.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsm98 

Because business accounts let’s the main admin account holder set up multi-user access for employees via user ID/password to perform specific account functions. I guess it is a way to differentiate between these limited access users from the main account holder.

If you are the actual main owner who signed up for the business account, you should already know the email address/password to log in via email method. And it is the only email address that can be used to log in with.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-users-to-my-paypal-account-faq1605

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsm98 

Because business accounts let’s the main admin account holder set up multi-user access for employees via user ID/password to perform specific account functions. I guess it is a way to differentiate between these limited access users from the main account holder.

If you are the actual main owner who signed up for the business account, you should already know the email address/password to log in via email method. And it is the only email address that can be used to log in with.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-users-to-my-paypal-account-faq1605

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.