What does "Get more details in your Paypal China account" mean?

mcm9110
New Community Member

I was recently looking to reprint a shipping label as my printer didnt print it, and saw a link that says, "Get more details in your Paypal China account" -- I have never seen this before and I dont have any accounts in China.china account.jpg

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

ShortTexan
Contributor
Contributor

The same "Get more details in your Paypal China account" is showing on every one of my transaction details pages! Every payment sent, received, and even holds.   That blue text is actually a url link to a Chinese (.cn)website page that did not load properly and my computer froze when I clicked on it. Paypal customer service has no idea, says they couldn't see anything like this and asked me to email a screenshot.

Not sure what it means, but it appears to be some sort of failed attempt at advertising for Paypal China. To me, it means Paypal is becoming FUBAR.

Login to Me Too

gistfire
New Community Member

I also saw this message today on a payment to Microsoft from Sept. 1.  I had not seen it before.  

Now I cannot see any activity in my account.

Login to Me Too

KMansParts
Contributor
Contributor

How does Paypal NOT know about this link showing up?  

Login to Me Too

Ed2212
New Community Member

Today upon logging to my business paypal account, I saw a message saying "unusual activity detected" and it required me to change my password (to note, my password is very difficult and I have 2FA activated on top of it and there was no unusual activity on my end).

But then I saw the "Get more details in your PayPal China account" under every transaction (I don't have PayPal China account and don't do any business with them), my only concern is that PayPal might of been hacked, or someone's trying to abuse some sort of glitch.

Very concerning to say the least.

Login to Me Too

AubieDay
Contributor
Contributor
I found this in my transaction details yesterday. I had a lot of sales Friday through PayPal and none of them are showing in my available balance. I really hope they get this figured out.
Login to Me Too

interwebcompute
New Community Member

As you can see in my picture the fake hacked domain link that will take you to paypa.cn if you hover above the blue

"Get more details in your Paypal China account"

you can see the fake domain paypa.cn which has been taken down but paypal has NOT REMOVED the link which could cause folks to click on that hacked domain. This is a major SECURITY BREACH ON PAYPAL and there has been no news of this. I called into paypal support this morning and got a ticket number CSTS00224XX and the rep confirmed there have been multiple reports of this concern over the last two days.... As to why they haven't removed that link from every "transaction details" page template makes no sense even if the fake paypa.cn website was take down...

Who knows how many paypal accounts were compromised when folks entered their real paypal email address and password...

Stay safe and dont click until you "hover" over suspicious links to see where its actually taking you!!

hacked paypa-cn website link.jpg

Login to Me Too

websurferboy
New Community Member

I'm also seeing this link on all my transactions. I will not click the link, however have copied it here for reference. This is very concerning:

https://www.paypa.cn/withdraw/dashboard/activity/payment/WC-21705.2146264261764204620/detail

china.jpg

Login to Me Too

Carpen14
Contributor
Contributor

I stupidly clicked on the link. What should I do to protect my account?

Login to Me Too

Carpen14
Contributor
Contributor

How do you know that the link was taken down by paypal? I stupidly clicked on it an hour ago.

I want to know if I should anything to protect my account now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.