Verified account but minimal receiving limit still in place

Stumpd
Contributor
Contributor

I believe I've followed the steps necessary to verify my business account; provided my EIN and linked my bank account.   The Resolution Center has no status indicating my account is limited yet I still have a receiving limit of only $5K.  I assume that limitation is within a 30 day period, as I can't find anything that explains it clearly.

The LIFT LIMITS button on the ACCOUNT LIMITS page only takes me to the process for linking a bank account.  Does PayPal expect me to link a second bank account to obtain a higher receiving limit? If so, would it need to be at a different bank?

PayPal Support has been useless - stating only that the limitations are determined by the system.

What else can I do to raise the RECIEVING LIMIT to something more reasonable?   None of this makes any sense.  Does PayPal honestly expect me to run a business with only $5K / month sales?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Stumpd
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thanks for the input, but this is not about releasing the money already sent to me.

I finally got in contact with someone in support who actually seemed to not be reading from a script.  They confirmed that a VERIFIED account should not have a RECEIVING LIMIT.   The issue has been escalated for resolution.  Although I'm not really sure who that is exactly and what they plan to do about it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stumpd 

Are you blocked from receiving payments completely after $5k or you can still receive payments but it’s on 21 day hold? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Stumpd
Contributor
Contributor

This is not a HOLD issue.   I've been able to get that raised to a reasonable level.

Capture.JPG

I'm quickly approaching the RECEIVING LIMIT and am concerned with what happens when I do.  There is no information on what this really means (e.g. account total or monthly? limit) or how to get it increased or removed.  The LIFT LIMITS button prompts me to link a bank account but as I stated previously I've already done that and don't see the point in setting up and linking another separate account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stumpd 

Each account has a release amount for immediate access. The release amount is determined by PayPal and reset every thirty days. You may request an increase every thirty days.

1. Log in to your PayPal Business account.

2. Click the Pay & Get Paid tab at the top of the page.

3. Under Wallet click Money.

4. Click Request an increase under "How to help get your money sooner".

5. Select the appropriate amount.

6. Click Done.

Requests are reviewed and you’ll be notified within 3 days if an increase is applied or not.

Check your Business info settings too and increase the revenue you expect to make with your account.

Also, as you still have a ways to go in reaching the $5k, be on the look out for a notification about lifting limits as you get close to $5k with steps to take to increase limits.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Stumpd
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

Thanks for the input, but this is not about releasing the money already sent to me.

I finally got in contact with someone in support who actually seemed to not be reading from a script.  They confirmed that a VERIFIED account should not have a RECEIVING LIMIT.   The issue has been escalated for resolution.  Although I'm not really sure who that is exactly and what they plan to do about it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.