Verification

Barrie7
Contributor
Contributor

I do not own a mobile so I can never verify who I am when buying online . Why can't my landline be used to phone a code to me ? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Thank you @kernowlass for your help getting the resolution started on this one. 

Hello @Barrie7, welcome to the PayPal Community! Like kernowlass stated, unfortunately, we are required to enable a 2-step verification setting in your profile to remain in compliance with "Second Payment Services Directive" regulations. You can read a bit more about 2-step verification and the PSD2 regulation here. However, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams with any questions you have about setting up the verification or any other concerns you may have. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barrie7 

Paypal requires a mobile phone but I think they offer the option of whatsapp as well as text confirmations.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Barrie7
Contributor
Contributor

What on earth is a PayPal app. ? I am 90 years of age and clueless re all this technology

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Thank you @kernowlass for your help getting the resolution started on this one. 

Hello @Barrie7, welcome to the PayPal Community! Like kernowlass stated, unfortunately, we are required to enable a 2-step verification setting in your profile to remain in compliance with "Second Payment Services Directive" regulations. You can read a bit more about 2-step verification and the PSD2 regulation here. However, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams with any questions you have about setting up the verification or any other concerns you may have. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Barrie7
Contributor
Contributor

I have been helped to get my landline registered for verification, Many thanks to the kind person in the Community who sent ideas for me to check. I can now use my landline to get a code for verification as I do not have a mobile.  

Login to Me Too

Barrie7
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks to the kind person from the Community who sent me guidelines as to how to get PayPal to use my landline for verification phone call to give me a code number. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.