Verification failed cant login. Cant contact help service cause need to login and get code....

Brechtt
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to close my account on several occassions. However when I try to login i get verification failed. When I try to contact helpdesk i need a certain code. But in order to get that code i need to be logged in.,...

On top of that my account was said to be closed. However now i receive a year later that i may receive service fee due to inactivity... But i literally cant do anything... need to activate but cant login...

Anybody that could provide some assistance would be much appreciated!

PS: i just want to close my account and be done with all this hassle... Enough is enough

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnH11 

@Brechtt 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

JohnH11
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem. The only solution is to phone them <removed>(o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]. The auto reply is for 1. Dutch or 2. French, I am in the UK and I speak neither, so I cannot get any further, but you might. Let me know.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnH11 

@Brechtt 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JohnH11
Contributor
Contributor

As I wrote, on that phone line there is a robot answering system, in Dutch or French, I am in the UK and I speak neither, so I cannot get any further...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnH11 

If you are in the UK then why are you using a Belgium registered paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JohnH11
Contributor
Contributor

Not relevant to the issue, but it was opened 10 years ago when wanted to transact directly in Euro in Europe.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnH11 

Well it is relevant as paypal is ''country specific'' and you are not supposed to use a paypal account in a country where you don't live.

If you opened a correct country account then you would get the English speaking phone number and operatives. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JohnH11
Contributor
Contributor

You continue to assume things. I didn't say that I didn't live in Belgium. This conversion is now finished as you are now way way off topic and starting to offend.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnH11 

Really? wow and there's me thinking I was giving up my time to try to help you sort out any issues.

Not assuming trying to find out what the issue is with the limited information you have provided.

If you are IN Belgium but wanted an English speaking operative OR UK customer services then you could have confirmed it and I could have given you the correct number.

But hey no problem, wish I hadn't given up my time to try and help in the first place, rather 'waste' my time on nicer people.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Brechtt
Contributor
Contributor

As the original author i want to Thank you for the information.

However have to disagree with you on this one. Because at one point when you call the service desk they ask you for your phone number to check your account. However I have removed my phone number and the only way to change that is by logging in. 

Eventually I get to the point where they just try to call somebody from the helpdesk but i have tried three times and no one answered for a combined 3 hours...

With all due respect but i'm just getting annoyed with all this hassle and finish this once and for all 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.