Using a personal acct for a nonprofit org – now asking for verifying ID for someone who has left

pepswift
New Community Member

Hi there, 

I'm on the board of a local community nonprofit and we run a monthly market where everyone clubs in to hire tables for the market stalls. 

We've been withdrawing to our nonprofit's business account, but now we have seem to hit a limit and need to verify our ID to withdraw more money from the account (around £2k).

The problem is that the volunteer who set up the initial Paypal account has now left and we're not really able to contact him. 

Is there any way to link the account to another person's ID, in order to provide proper ID and withdraw the funds? We would only need to withdraw to the bank account already connected to Paypal, so hoping this may be possible. We can provide ID for people connected to the bank account if that helps. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @pepswift

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction. Normally, the option to change ownership of a Personal account would not be available. However, there is a way to change ownership of a Business account in the situation where a business itself changes ownership. I would first recommend Upgrading to a Business account, and then processing the name change. You'll find the option to change the name in Personal Settings. Just make sure to select the "Your contact name has changed" option to provide the proper information needed to complete a request like this. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.