Unable to close my account!

Eagle44
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am unable to close my account and it's really **bleep** me off about how PayPal blocks your access to the account as well as to delete it after you give them your ID. My PayPal that was registered in the UK with a UK phone number got a limitation due to apparently suspicious activity in November and they were asking for an ID to remove the limitation. In December, I explained them that why I require a UK account to avoid chargebacks and use friends & family option in deals that is out of PayPal's control. I also told them that if they still need the ID, I can upload my Indian ID if it would work. One of their chat assistant said yes and so I did the same. Few days later i get to know that I won't be able to use my PayPal anymore. That's frustrating part #1. Now comes the frustrating part #2, I am UNABLE to close my account. When I click on Close Account, it says there is a problem and it links me to the Contact Us Page. At the contact us page, it keeps repeating the same thing that all our agents are offline, bla bla bla and they never return on the mentioned time next day. So technically I am locked out of my own account unable to delete it, nor can I contact PayPal to do it. I seriously need help, I am highly **bleep** off is this is how PayPal functions!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Eagle44
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly! But one of the chat assistant told me otherwise. I mean, let me ask you a question. If the chat assistant i was talking to could have said no, i wouldn't have uploaded my ID and it wouldn't have escalated this further right? I told him/her specifically that neither do I live in the UK nor do I possess an ID of that country. Yet he/she still agreed stating that my Indian ID will work with it. I already have a fully functional Indian PayPal and what if I have to upload any kind of ID on it? It will get rejected because it's already in the UK account! PayPal has no rights to forcefully keep somebody's documents, phone number or email in their accounts unless they force me to go through a legal way. Their support has not been any satisfactory as well and they keep ending the chat without hearing the user, after saying that they cannot remove the documents / account because it's limited. I have said it clear to everyone, that either they can remove my details from that account or close it. They are not ready to do either of them and then I guess i know what to do.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eagle44 

PayPal has no rights to forcefully keep somebody's documents, phone number or email in their accounts unless they force me to go through a legal way. T

Yes they do as you were the one that opened an illegal paypal account, against their rules and against their legal user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eagle44
Contributor
Contributor
I'd prove them wrong in the court though as I know what I may have to do. Anyways you haven't answered me why did the chat assistant agreed that my Indian ID will work on my UK PayPal account even AFTER specifically telling him that neither do I have any of the UK documents or nor do I live in that country. Not only that, right after I uploaded the documents, they immediately limited my paypal account. I can see what's going on here. What if I will need those information for my other paypal account in the future?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.