There's a number linked to my paypal that is no longer in use how do i remove it

Roman21X
New Community Member

There is a contact number linked to my account that isn't mine? So I can't proceed with my payment

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hi @Roman21X,

The PayPal Community welcomes you!

It sounds like you need some help with updating the phone number listed on your account. I'm sorry that the outdated number is hindering you from making a payment! It is usually best to get an updated number added first and confirm it. You can then mark it as your primary phone number and select the appropriate contact prompts. There are instructions located in our Help Centre. Once this has been completed, you can click on editing the old phone number to delete or remove it from your profile. After this has been done, you can move forward with your payment. If you continue to face a challenge when updating, it may be best to get in direct contact with PayPal customer support. This is done by reviewing our Contact page on the PayPal website, or by going through the "Help" section of your account. It's possible that something needs to be adjusted or reviewed from their end. 

I hope this helps you!

Thank you,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.